1.2.3: Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) [A]
An alternative for time-based media or audio description of the prerecorded video content is provided for synchronized media, except when the media is a media alternative for text and is clearly labeled as such.
Sufficient Techniques for Success Criterion 1.2.3
Note: Other techniques may also be sufficient if they meet the success criterion. See Understanding Techniques.
- G69: Providing an alternative for time based media using one of the following techniques
- Linking to the alternative for time-based media using one of the following techniques
- G78: Providing a second, user-selectable, audio track that includes audio descriptions
- G173: Providing a version of a movie with audio descriptions
- G8: Providing a movie with extended audio descriptions
- SM1: Adding extended audio description in SMIL 1.0
- SM2: Adding extended audio description in SMIL 2.0
- Using any player that supports audio and video
- G203: Using a static text alternative to describe a talking head video