2.4.9: Link Purpose (Link Only) [AAA]
Sufficient Techniques for Success Criterion 2.4.9
Note: Other techniques may also be sufficient if they meet the success criterion. See Understanding Techniques.
- ARIA8: Using aria-label for link purpose
- G91: Providing link text that describes the purpose of a link
- H30: Providing link text that describes the purpose of a link for anchor elements
- H24: Providing text alternatives for the area elements of image maps
- Allowing the user to choose short or long link text using one of the techniques below:
- Providing a supplemental description of the purpose of a link using one of the following techniques:
- Semantically indicating links using one of the following techniques:
Advisory Techniques for Success Criterion 2.4.9
Failures for Success Criterion 2.4.9
- F84: Failure of Success Criterion 2.4.9 due to using a non-specific link such as "click here" or "more" without a mechanism to change the link text to specific text.
- F89: Failure of Success Criteria 2.4.4, 2.4.9 and 4.1.2 due to not providing an accessible name for an image which is the only content in a link