3.1.5: Reading Level [AAA]
When text requires reading ability more advanced than the lower secondary education level after removal of proper names and titles, supplemental content, or a version that does not require reading ability more advanced than the lower secondary education level, is available.
Sufficient Techniques for Success Criterion 3.1.5
Note: Other techniques may also be sufficient if they meet the success criterion. See Understanding Techniques.
- G86: Providing a text summary that can be understood by people with lower secondary education level reading ability
- G103: Providing visual illustrations, pictures, and symbols to help explain ideas, events, and processes
- G79: Providing a spoken version of the text
- G153: Making the text easier to read
- G160: Providing sign language versions of information, ideas, and processes that must be understood in order to use the content